All claim forms and documentation are required to be submitted to:

Unclaimed Property Division

PO Box 20431

Raleigh, NC  27619-0431

​If you have questions about submitting your claim, please call 866-NCCash1 (866-622-2741).

Proof of Ownership

You are permitted to use the following documentation to prove ownership on an unclaimed property claim form.

Proof of Social Security Number

COPY OF any legal document showing your social security number such as:

  • Social security card
  • W-2 form
  • Income tax form
  • Pay stub

Proof of Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) assigned to your business

COPY OF any legal document showing your FEIN such as:

  • "Letter of Confirmation" from the IRS showing assignment of the FEIN
  • Copy of received tax statement, such as:
    • IRS Form 1098, statement of interest paid
    • IRS Form 1099-INT or 1099-DIV, statement of interest or dividends earned
  • IRS assignment of FEIN internet confirmation page

Proof of Address

COPY OF any legal document showing name and specific address such as:

  • Driver license
  • Employment application or documents from personal file
  • W-2 form
  • Income tax form
  • Pay stub
  • City/County tax bill
  • Title to car, truck, boat, mobile home etc.
  • Bank statement or bank book
  • Privilege license certificate
  • Blank or canceled check, deposit slip
  • Marriage/death certificates, divorce decree
  • Utility, medical, legal, insurance bill etc.
  • Deed, Deed of Trust, closing documents on property bought/sold
  • Church records
  • Credit Report
  • School records/transcripts
  • Power of Attorney papers
  • Last Will and Testament
  • Trust Agreements
  • Envelope addressed to claimant with US postmark
  • Letter from 911 office verifying new & old address
  • Motor vehicles driving record or registration
  • Letter from US Post Office on official letterhead with signature of Postmaster and official seal affixed
  • Contact DMV - Driver Records at 919-715-7000 to request copy of your Driver Address History (fee charged by DMV) 
  • Military records (check with Veterans Affairs Division)
  • Birth certificate of child born while at that address